Life full of sound
Acoustic stimuli accompany us throughout life and trigger different emotions. This can also be used in the field of corporate communication in the form of acoustic branding.
How sound branding works is described here
Overview and significance
In a world of information overload and the resulting reduced ability to absorb and process information, differentiation from the competition is essential. One means of choice is sound branding.
This is how a company presents itself to the public:
- Corporate Design (appearance of a company)
- Corporate Architecture (buildings and spaces of the company)
- Corporate Behavior (how the company behaves)
- Corporate Wording (how to communicate internally and externally)
- Corporate culture (values and shared attitude of a company)
- Corporate Sound / Sound Branding adds a sonic component to corporate identity and is an excellent differentiation tool and important element of holistic brand management.
how we work
- Establishing an image: Companies have a Cooperate Identity (CI), the character of a company, so to speak.
- Creation of a corporate sound: Based on the corporate identity, tonal characteristics are assigned (serious, happy, energetic).
- Selection of sound elements: the corporate sound can be formed by practical elements such as sound effects, singing, speech, soundscapes and music.
- Implementation & production: after the planning phase is completed, the sound branding is implemented using music production and sound design tools.
Types of sound branding
- Audio logo: the acoustic trademark, a short melody or sound, no longer than 2-3 seconds.
- Jingle: a short interlude with distinctive melody and instrumentation, possibly with a sung lyric to convey the central message.
- Corporate voice: a speaking voice for the company that is correct in character and is used at all touchpoints such as telephone.
- Brand music: the overall musical and tonal concept of the company.
- Brand Song: this represents the spirit of the company or a special campaign. The text can express the company’s philosophy or the desired image. Well-known example: Bacardi Feeling.
- Soundscape: Creation of soundscapes using harmonies, sounds and atmospheric elements.
You have recognized that your company will increase in value with the right sound and voice. Together we define the project content.
We analyse the audio content, if available. Then we define all relevant audio measures.
Here you can find examples.
Based on the preliminary research, we jointly develop a sound concept and determine the required elements, taking into account the existing visual design elements. Existing unique selling points are reinforced on an acoustic level.
Creation of the first layouts
The developed sound concept (which sound branding elements, instrumentation, sound character, tempo, etc.) serves as the basis for the composition of the first music layout. A first proposal and an alternative are created.
The composed layouts are presented and discussed in a group. Then the decision-makers in your company (CEO, marketing manager…) choose the appropriate layout, which is then refined and finalized.
The final layout is produced to the highest quality. After mixing and mastering, it is sent to the company in all relevant files, ready for use (soundtracks in different lengths and formats for flexible use – e.g. audio logo, soundtrack, podcast intros / outros, voice recordings with the corresponding wordings for social media, claim, podcast, telephone announcements etc….).